Wednesday 17 October 2012

Living Things

Hello everyone. Forgive me today but I am on a musical high or rather; A Linkin Park high. How can someone like me listen to Linkin Park you might ask. The answer is quite simple. These gentlemen are simply too good to be ignored. Yes, yes, I know millions of people out there relate this kind of music to the devil but honestly I don't and I am a very staunch Catholic lad.

Anyway, over the past week I have been caught up with their latest album, Living Things. I had managed to get my hands on it some time back but kept it on the shelves for some unknown reason. So on Saturday once I got to listen to it...let's just say I have never been so blown away by a singular message in all their songs.

This is an album for all those that continue to hold on to the past. I will not lie that I am not among these people but after listening to this album I have found a way to move on and be glad that I can make a choice and move on. As I listened to this album, I slowly realised that we can't help who we trust or the choices we make, we can only learn to live with the consequences. Choices shape us and sometimes we are powerless to stop the consequences. It is safe to say they make us better people than we would ever be. Hence, I have had this album on replay to strengthen my resolve and will.

Songs like Powerless, Living Things, Lost in the Echo and Burn it Down all tell us to be brave in the end. Even when you see life is being a bitch or a problem, get over it and plant your feet firmly in the ground and look ahead. That is all you can do. There is a reason it happened to you and if you keep holding on to the past, you will never know what you can possibly ever do or why it happened. There is a reason some person stabs you iin the back and there is a reason that girl dumped you. There is a reason you were offered that mega recording deal and there is a reason your mentor chose you for some really big internship.

So to everyone out there just learn to let go of the past. Pick what you can from it and close your eyes and place your feet in the ground, spread your hands wide and fight the winds of despair and agony. In time you will find that you can move your foot forward and go on living your life.

These words are not mine but belong to the amazing band.....

You hid your skeletons when I had shown you mine,
You woke the devil that I thought you left behind,
I saw the evidence the crimson soaking through,
Ten thousand promises, ten thousand ways to lose.
And you have it all
but you were careless to let it fall,
You've held it all
and I was by your side
POWERLESS.

I am sorry I have led you all here to be bothered by my love for Linkin Park but seriously with all the Konshens and company music hitting my locale; it is about time people get to listen to music which has a bloody message. No pun intended. Don't forget that there is no greater power than will power and truth combined

No comments:

Post a Comment